Well, we did it, we changed our phone service. Our phone number(s) have kindof changed...I'll explain all that later but first I want to explain the switch. We have had Sprint cell phones the last few years. We were generally happy. We always had reception, never dropped calls, the only problem was that we didn't like the bill that came every month.
We had the cheapest fair and flex family plan Sprint offered which was $70 a month for 700 minutes. This did not include text messaging, which was fine because I don't text but if someone sent us a text message we'd be charged an extra 20 cents per text.
It wasn't great but we made do. We found a way around paying for text messaging. This saved us a couple bucks a month but we still felt like we were paying too much.
Of the 700 minutes allotted to our family each month we'd use approximately 350, usually less but never more. We just weren't using our phones enough to justify the bill we'd pay each month.
We talked to Sprint about our needs as customers but they were unable to offer us anything cheaper, so we made the switch. We renewed our Skype contract that we used while living in England which is essentially a land-line that gives us unlimited incoming and outgoing calls anywhere in the US for $60 a year. We also got two pay-as-you-go cell phones from T-mobile. We ran the numbers and this will save us about $500 a year. I like that.
Now we essentially have three different phone numbers, which is too much to keep track of. So we created a google voice number which will actually ring all three phones. I am obviously not going to publish our new phone number here on the blog for all the world to see, but if you are interested in having our new number just leave a comment or message me on facebook.
Dance, Dance and more Dance
7 years ago
2 comments:
take that, man!
Good for you Rach! I actually was using a voip service for my phone for a while but since, at the time, my internet connection wasn't the greatest it was a bit unreliable. Now I may want to give it another try. I find it incredible that no cell phone company offers any plan that costs less than $40.00 a month. I use a small percentage of my minutes but can't pay less for a plan more my size. Anyone else think there's some price fixing going on here?
Post a Comment